Trusted by the Norwegian Armed Forces since 1971, Volue Defence Systems (VDS) is a player that knows the game! Our new name is Volue, but we have been known in the market for 50 years as Scanmatic.
We use our in-house world leading expertise in sensor technology, data- processing and communications to design and deliver globally specialized military solutions.
Our main focus areas for Defence are:
- Hydro Acoustics
- Off-grid Power
- Defence IoT
“Simulate & Train. Detect & Counter”
VDS offer a broad range of PRODUCTS, SOLUTIONS & SERVICES in the field of Maritime Warfare, and provide solutions for both Fixed and Mobile Applications, manned or unmanned.
The core for this work is our newly in-house developed SONAR3™ – Modular Sonar Systems.
SONAR3™ – Modular Sonar Systems
Originally developed for the Norwegian Navy, used by NATO, our unique Sonar3™ technology integrates best of breed Software & Hardware for:
- Recording & Analyzing
Sonar3™ is only offered through VDS or our partners, and adds significant capability for customized solutions in the fields of:
- Torpedo Counter Measures (TCM)
- Counter Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (C-UUV)
- Mine Counter Measures (MCM)
- Counter Diver / Port Security
- Sonar maintenance and calibration
- Sonar training
“We provide you POWER. Wherever. Whenever.”
VDS unique range of portable power systems provides a wide range of solutions to fit any remote power need.
Our rugged and proven POWER HUT – design works in any climate, with all configurations based on the same concept – power stored in a configurable battery bank, charged by solar energy (and/or wind) with a Single- or Dual generator backup.
- Multiple platforms available; Container, Trailers, Alu-boxes, others.
- Powering any remote structure/ building, technical installation, heating/ cooling system in any climate condition.
- Multi-voltage solution from 12 to 230V, in AC and DC
- RMC – Remote Monitoring & Control software package – for complete control of the Power Hut’s PSU, with environmental monitoring as an option
“Monitor and control everything. Everywhere.”
VDS has for the last 50 years been a LEADING PLAYER in Norway for DATA ACQUISITION, AUTOMATION, COMMUNICATION and INSTRUMENTATION.
We offer sensor technology and instrumentation that enables control and monitoring of any asset, any device or structure.
We integrate the data into any third-party system, or into our own.
- Covert/ Overt Surveillance & Intelligence operations
- SCADA systems
- Management systems
- Data collection
- Protocol and Data Conversion
- Data communication
Our installations include Solution and System Integration for national critical infrastructure, as:
- Norwegian Air Defence Radars
- Weather & Environment Stations
- Presumptive Collision Warning Systems
- Remote Audio/ Video monitoring and Control
- MPS- Ultra High Precision Positioning Systems
With VDS you will never miss a data point again, and with our customized analyzing tools, we will ensure that every data count towards your critical decisions!
Relevant deliveries within Defence:
- Testing and training systems for marine vessels’ sonars and sonar operators
- SONCAT – Sonar Calibration And Training System
- SONRAS – Sound Registration and Analyzer System
- SONTAS – Sonar Tester at Site
- Sonar Transponder Module (STM) – Transforming an AUV to a Sonar Training Target
- LF-300 – Low Frequency and Wideband Transceiver
- Low Frequency Source and Echo Repeater Systems
- VLA – Vertical Line Array Systems
- MPS – Multi-positioning system
- Remote control and monitoring systems for radar sites
- Weather stations
- CCTV systems
Volue Industrial IoT has long experience in project execution, and through good routines and an established quality system, projects are carried out in a safe and secure manner.
We always follow the norms and rules that apply to the industry in connection with project execution and deliveries.
Jon Andre Garberg
+47 99 28 54 48