Data logger SM5059 now has support for OPC UA!
The SM5059 is the name of the latest field station in the SM50xx series of data loggers optimized for data collection and remote control in hydrology, meteorology and environmental monitoring.
The field drive handles real-time data collection as well as time-stamping and storing of historical values on local flash memory in the drive. The station supports data transfer to the collection system via a wide range of protocols and communication mediums. The field station has received a solid face lift and appears as the next generation of data logs. New and more modern keyboard layouts and a large color display allow for easier operator-station interaction. The logger is encased in a solid specially designed aluminum box that also contributes to good noise immunity. The sensor connections are made with pluggable terminals and are grouped according to the type of interface. The station supports all the most commonly used sensor types used in hydrology and meteorology.
- Generell data logger for hydrology and meteorology as well as other data logging applications with high accuracy in harsh environments
- Calculation algorithms according to WMO’s requirements
- Low power consumption optimized for solar and battery operation
- Built-in support for a wide range of sensor interfaces
- RS232 / RS485
- Differential analog current, voltage and resistance
- Digital inputs and outputs
- Expandable with external IO modules and SMIO modules
- Large number of communication protocols by default
- IEC 60870-5-101/104, RP-07, Modbus TCP, TCP/IP, OPC UA
- Switches for controlling the operating voltage of sensors and communication equipment
- Flash storage for 200 measured values per minute for 15 months
- Integrated keyboard and large color display
- USB port for data storage and software upgrade
- Real time clock with battery backup
- Remote configuration from HIDACS or local on-device configuration
- High performance 32 bit ARM9 based CPU with real time operating system
- Operating voltage from 9 to 36 VDC
A SM5059 data logger system consists of the SM5059 device and a variety of optional I/O modules for expanding I/O capacity. The SMIO devices are the same ones used in the previous generation SM5049 data logger.
The SM5059 can communicate across a variety of media: RS232, RS485, SDI-12, Ethernet and USB, and supports POTS modems, xDSL, Ethernet, GSM / GPRS, Iridium, Inmarsat, VHF and UHF. The Hidacs® data collection system, together with the SM5059, is a complete remote monitoring / control system. The SM5059 supports up to 8 interfaces for analog sensors. The interfaces support differential and one ended voltage measurements, current measurements and resistance measurements, both PT-100 and half bridge.
In addition, the SM5059 can be connected to sensors with the following interface: 8 digital inputs and 6 digital outputs, four frequency inputs, SDI-12, SDI-12 / RS485, 5 RS232 interfaces and two RS485 interfaces. All other connections are made via separate I/O modules (SMIO). The SMIO bus used for communication between the SM5059 and the SMIO modules is based on RS485.
The data logger also includes six switches (5A) for controlling external loads. The voltage for each switch is monitored by the data logger. It also includes two insulated DC / DC inverters for external sensors (+ 12V). The inverters can be connected in series for a + 24V sensor.
The SM5059 comes in a robust metal enclosure (IP-42) with integrated GUI. The GUI includes the following:
- Power LED
- 8 customer-defined LED
- Color screen 320×240 piksler
- Display on / off button
- 4 customer-defined function keys
Following SMIO modules are available for modular I/O expansion:
|SMIO SM7552||analog input 4 channel mA|
|SMIO SM7553||Analog input 4 channel V|
|SMIO SM7554||Analog input 2 channel. mA, 2 channel half-bridge|
|SMIO SM7555||Digital Input 12 channels|
|SMIO SM7556||Digital Output 12 channels|
|SMIO SM7557||Analog input 1 channel RTD|
Energi og Miljø
+47 91 64 79 22
Military and offshore
+47 93 06 86 49
+47 90 85 22 59
Energy and Environment
+47 91 64 79 22
Service and support
+47 92 41 78 26
Tor Andersen Ulltveit-Moe
+47 37 05 95 00
+47 91 33 14 55